Flexible Portable Battery Pack
The Handy Power Supply Solution
A portable battery pack comes to your rescue in those embarrassing moments when you are away from an AC outlet and you suddenly realize your laptop or your cellular phone internal battery is almost completely discharged. Adding a small solar electric panel more than doubles the effectiveness of the battery pack.Description The Flexible Battery Pack Feature Set UsageCost
The last word in portable battery packs is the lithium-ion battery assembled with three small DC to DC inverter.
- The first DC converter takes care for charging the battery pack from a wide range of voltage inputs, such as 12V or 24V car batteries; an AC to DC charger is usually included in the kit price to allow for charging the battery pack at home.
- The second DC to DC inverter can output a user settable voltage to run equipment requiring 5 volts to 19 volts; more advance models auto-sense the equipment voltage and automatically sets the compatible output voltage
- The third (optional in some models) DC to DC converter outputs a stabilized 5 volts to a USB port for charging cell phones, Ipods, and other electronic devices that can be charged from a USB port. It may not be compatible with all Verizon, AT&T, or T-Mobile cell phones, so it's important to be sure your phone is compatible before getting the battery pack.
The whole assembly fits into a rather small handy package that weighs less than 2.2 lbs (1Kg). For many models an extension battery can fit on top of the battery pack to double its capacity
Look for the following features:
- Overcharge protection
- Remaining power indicator
- Output voltages are stabilized and regulated.
- Changing the voltage by mistake is prevented by a mechanical lock .
- Recharge of the battery while connected and charging the laptop is allowed.
- The input voltage for charging can range from 5 to 24 volts, covering practically any available DC source and most popular small solar panels
- Usually you will get included in the price an AC to DC charger that allows you to charge the battery pack from port 1 while you are still at home or at your office.
- Can charge a laptop or a camera on port number 2, and a cellular phone on port number 3 (the USB port).
- A battery with more than 40 A-Hours
- A set of adaptors to match any connector you might have on your laptop, DVD or camera
The idea is to charge the battery pack before you go on your trip, usually before you go on a flight. Certified models are allowed on planes in the carry-on briefcase. For modern laptops, a fully charged battery pack can provide additional 2-3 hours of operation, 4-6 hours with the extension. A set of
Most flexible portable battery packs will cost you in the vicinity of $200 and another $120 for an optional extension battery. Two known US suppliers are Power Stream phone:1- 801-764-9060 and Tekkeon phone:1-714-832-1266 , a WEB search will provide you with other suppliers.
The portable battery pack can complement the portable solar power system
click to view my home energy Home Page