Energy Saving Tips for Home
Additional Energy Conservation Tips
How to achieve a energy efficient home? View more energy saving tips for home and more home energy conservation tips.
Energy Conservation and Energy Efficiency
Energy conservation means reducing the level of energy used; an example is to turn down the water heater thermostat setting.
Energy efficiency means to use less energy to achieve the same result; an example is replacing an inefficient appliance with a more efficient Energy Star labeled appliance
Doing both will result in a more energy efficient home and in the reduction of the monthly energy bills
Fast lane free of charge Home Energy Saving Tips
Are you looking for free of charge tips?
- Increase the thermal mass of your refrigerator – fill it up with food; when you open the doors, it won’t warm up and it will stay cool
- Use a full load dish washer and open its door before it starts the drying phase; let the dishes air-dry, the drying phase is very energy hungry
- Use your microwave oven as much as you can; microwave ovens consume less energy than a cooking stove. With a small expense, you can buy and use a solar oven for cooking
- During summer time set up the thermostat at 75 degrees F (24 degrees C), use ceiling vents, and with a small expense you can install a solar attic vent
- During winter time set up the thermostat at 68 degrees F (20 degrees C), you will feel comfortable and save some bucks.
Modest Budget Home Energy Improvements
The following are affordable improvements that will be paid back in few months
- Find where your home is leaky through the doors, windows, attics and cellars and fix those leaks; call for a home energy audit if you feel it is necessary
- Install and use solar window screens and solar window shades
- Replace or clean the air conditioner air filters, clean the washing machine and the dish washer water filters, clean the furnaces air filters.
more energy saving tips for home you can find in my energy conservation tips page
click to view my Home Energy homepge